Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Movies so awful it's painful to watch, and why I can't stop

That's one thing that pisses me off. There are movies so bad godawfully bad that everyone involved should be tarred and feathered and then drawn and quartered, especially those actors who, knowing it was going to be awful, went ahead and did it any for the paycheque.

Take BloodRayne, for example. It was such an unredeemable two hours of unimaginable crap that all the cellulose should've been burnt the moment it left the cutting room floor. The only thing that saved it was Kristanna Loken, and even there her bad acting and lame attempts at doing her own fights kept drawing attention to the fact that the movie was crap.

So why is it that I can't stop watching this stuff? I'm sure there's some kind of psychological reason for it, something with a Latinate name, something they give you the good drugs for.

And yes, God help me, I'm waiting for BloodRayne 2 to come out on TMN so I can avoid the temptation of paying for it. And now, there's BloodRayne 3 coming in 2009, and I'm kinda waiting for it, too. It's going to be awful, but that won't stop me from watching.

No comments: